Monday, February 15, 2010

Hiding My Gran Who Has Dementia Have You Had To Watch Your Parents Put Your Grandparent In A Nursing Home?

Have you had to watch your parents put your grandparent in a nursing home? - hiding my gran who has dementia

How can I solve it? I'm so conflicted now. We are not a rich family by any means. My grandmother is 78 and has dementia praecox. It raises the same questions over and over again things hidden, always on the lookout for things that he forgets recent events (like the death of two sisters in one year). My mother is alone with this and can not take care of at home the whole time to it. I believe that we are to betray him, as we just drop it. I feel sick to the stomach. We work in the house for a while, and my grandmother and the doctor recommended a home.My not want to go. She is devastated. She always says that he wants to die!

It is a huge retirement home, there are two renovated houses with 9 residents in each house. There are animals, as in plAces may be many volunteers who spend the week (musicians, artists, clergy, etc.). Someone give me some advice? I just need to know there are others who experienced something similar.

2 comments:

samlpnth... said...

I have a sister for 20 years and I learned that our loved ones, where weak that day when we are no longer the type of care they need and deserve to get, we do not let them down or throw them out, show we realize that we really love them.
The majority of nursing homes that the honor of working hours to allow family members to visit, have had no matter what time of day or night, the family chooses to come. Most of the time people with advanced Alzheimer's disease can not remember that u were there, but the staff. And believe me when I say that if we lose a loved one we visited, adding that there will be no repentance and belief in peace.

mx3baby said...

Because her mother did not care for it, trying to find the next best thing. You see, how it happened. If all else fails, hire a nurse for home care for her grandmother at home.

Post a Comment